Tuesday, March 12, 2013

So, Why Redhead Resourceress?

'Librarian Action Figure' photo (c) 2009, slgckgc - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/If you've known me for many years, you know I'm a natural born redhead although I must confess that it is now "enhanced." What I'm using this platform for is to publicly announce that I have always loved the pursuit of new ideas and ways to make school libraraies more relevant in the changing educational landscape. Along the way, I found an abundance of resources. It seems logical then to consider myself a resourceress rather than a  librarian. Besides I don't have a library to manage. 

I know the current buzzword for a resourceress is curator, but resourceress seems so much more mysterious and not so "Nancy Pearl...ish."

No comments:

Post a Comment